“NRMCA Parking Lots Boot Camp has brought more benefits to both the producer and contractor and, ultimately, to the customer.”
• Provide attendees with an overview and basic understanding of American Concrete Institute (ACI) documents ACI PRC-330-21: Commercial Concrete Parking Lots and Site Paving Design and Construction Guide and ACI 330.2R-17: Guide for the Design and Construction of Concrete Site Paving for Industrial and Trucking Facilities.
• Train attendees on concrete overlays of existing parking lots, including overview of Guide to Concrete Overlays of Asphalt Parking Lots.
• Introduce attendees to tools available through NRMCA.
• Design Assistance Program/Joint Plan Assistance Program (DAP/JPAP).
• PavementDesigner.org web-based pavement design program.
• Life-Cycle Cost Analysis program.
• Teach sales people to prospect for new business using simple, fast methods.
• Demonstrate the importance of collaboration between ready mix producer and contractor.
Day One (Suggested times – Can be adjusted as needed)
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Course details reviewed
Survey of attendees expectations
Review CPA Data Questionnaire
2:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
ACI 330 In-depth review
4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
NRMCA Design Assistance Program and Jointing Plan Assistance Program
Benefits of DAP
When/how to use DAP
Benefits of JPAP
When/how to use JPAP
Day Two (Suggested times – Can be adjusted as needed)
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Concrete Pavement Analyst
Customized CPA for your company, region, or customer
Hands-on “how to” exercise
Presenting CPA results to customer
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Background of overlays
Identifying potential project
What to know about successful parking lot overlay projects
NRMCA and ASCC models
11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Targeting Key Market Segments
Key Local Markets
Concrete Pavement Alternatives
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Review of class objectives
What is the next step?